Sunday, July 13, 2008

Home again

5 stops and 28 hours later and I am finally home. And my baggage was waiting for me at my final destination. When I arrived here, there was no electricity in the airport and everyone waited in line for 15 minutes for them to get the generator going. Then it took another 5 minutes for the computers to boot up... O yes, I'm home and I love it. Darrell had done a ton of work on our house in my absence and it looks so great. My homecoming was even sweeter knowing that my mom finally made it back to her home in Toccoa (my brother drove up to the hospital in Charlotte and brought her back on a mattress in the back of his van) and is surrounded by lots of family & friends. She is still very weak and needs time to get back on her feet. I think being home will help a lot. Please continue to remember her and my dad during these days.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Cheryl ~ I can't believe how much work Darrell did while you were gone! Tell him we'd like to contract him for some work around here (including the leaky toilet!)! :-) Glad you're home safely. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow! If I'd had the sense of what day it was and how close to 7/15 we were, we could have celebrated it here.

jess e. said...

happy birthday cheryl. i am glad you are "home"

John & Judy McMannus said...

Cheryl,

Many in our church are very interested in your family and in your ministry.

The Blairsville church stands with you in prayer.

Thanks for the keeping us up-to-date!

martin & joanna said...

Love you, Birthday Girl! Have a night out on the town to celebrate. ha ha! We're headed your way on Friday, sure wish we could meet up some how. Yalla, one day. . . . . Hey to Darrell.
From both of us,
M & J Chaaya