Monday, August 29, 2011

miserable

Saturday afternoon we took the Metro downtown as usual to attend the ch*ch service. It is always crowded but even more so now in the heat. I wore a long-sleeve shirt and high heels because the walk from the train to ch*ch is very short. Afterward, we shoved our way through the mobs to get back on the Metro to head home. Halfway home, the train started to slow way down and came to a screeching halt. The guy came over the loud speaker and informed us that the electricity that powers the train had been cut and everyone should get off and take a bus or walk. The buses were beyond crowded and every taxi was full and/or racing to get home for the evening meal. We had at least 1/2 hour to walk home but didn't have much choice. The sun was blazing hot and the sweat drenching us. My high heels began to give me serious blisters on my feet and I knew there was no way I could make it home. Darrell was desperately trying to flag a taxi but they all went whizzing by. Finally, a dear old man stopped and took me the rest of the way home. I was never so thankful for a ride! Just one of those miserable experiences that you're so happy you can talk about in the past! That evening we thought we'd take a ride out to see an area of town we hadn't seen before. Wouldn't you know, our car was as dead as could be when we went to get in it. We waited until the next day and a guy came and helped Darrell go buy a new battery. Good thing that happened before the Ramadan holiday because everything is now closed for the rest of the week.

0 comments: