Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A familiar song sung in a different way

I won't even try to catch you up on our life; i'll just dive in where we are today and take you from here. Saturday is our day to go to ch*ch here. It's always an uplifting experience as we witness brother Moh'd and Ahmad and Hussein leading the worship and preaching the word. There are stories every week of dramatic conversions. This week we were introduced to 2 handsome young men who had been Satan worshipers just a month ago and Saturday went forward to take communion with their new brothers & sisters. In all of the ch*chs I've been in in the M.E. they always sing the song "I have decided to follow Jesus" like somewhat of a funeral dirge during baptismal services. On Saturday, the congregation broke out in this song with drums & keyboard & dancing and great joy. They meant every word of it; they live it daily and have paid dearly to follow Jesus. It was an incredible experience to watch and listen as they sang "if they lead me, even to death, still I will follow. No turning back". I especially love it when they ask those who have been persecuted for their faith during the week to stand up and everyone claps for them. I guess it does say "Blessed are those who are persecuted for my sake..." I am humbled to be part of this family of believers.

1 comments:

dclouser said...

I would love to have been there to hear them sing! How amazing that you can be there to witness this period in history.