Wednesday, November 4, 2009

busy days

I really thought I'd be a great blogger but I'm finding out that I stink at it! Almost every day I find a blog from my sister-in-law Katie or my colleague Rachel and I'm lucky if I get out one a month. I'm pretty sure all those that have followed me in the past have now given up and quit checking. I would say that I'll promise to do better but I don't dare say that! Anyway, it's not that I'm sitting around with nothing to do these days. Adding to my already-busy schedule has been a non-stop stream of short-term teams from America. While we love having these visitors with us, all the help they give & the goodies they bring, it does add a whole new dimension to our busyness. We also have 3 one-year interns living with us and a 13 year-old boy and our Napali house helper so always 7 people to feed. The empty nest didn't last long for us! I like living life in the fast lane but once in awhile one must take time out to reflect in solitude. That is what I plan to do on Monday! I'm heading for the mountains all alone and spending a quiet day with God. I am SO looking forward to this day. I've been planning it for a awhile. It's been too long in coming. This is the only window of opportunity I have before the next visitors arrive. I have blocked this day off on my calendar and am determined that nothing will interfere with it. The coming months will be just as busy as the past have been; I don't want to go through them in my own strength - I need His strength and help. I want to "run and not grow weary". I want my youth to be renewed (now there's asking for a miracle!)so that I can serve my King for many years to come. I pray that the spirit of Mary will come upon this Martha and give me a heart to worship and to sit at my savior's feet for awhile. There I will find rest for my soul and be renewed to run the race.
Always a heart-felt thank you to those of you who have run with us all these years. We couldn't do it if we didn't have you by our side! What a winning team.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I won't give up on you, Cheryl! You're the one who told me about Reader, so I always know when you've posted something new!

You really should just open a hotel!

I hope you have a wonderfully, relaxing time on Monday! Enjoy the day!

Anonymous said...

I'm still checking in too!

I totally understand the Martha needing to be Mary for a while and rest in His Presence! I need a day like that myself VERY soon! I am praying you have an amazing day listening to His Words of Truth over you!

LeeAnn