Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Like I said...Win Some, Lose Some!

This time it was a win! Just shows you can't give up. We had a short term team here and decided to organize another ladies' morning. I called the group on my What's Ap one day, then the next day I called each woman individually, then on the day of, they started texting me saying it was snowing and they couldn't come. I fired back "you better get your butts over here because these women have put on a beautiful spread for you". They said OK, we're coming!! I felt like I had worked so hard just to get them there but it was well worth it. Seven Syrian women came, 1 German and 6 Americans so we were a good group. The tables were beautifully decorated, the food was delicious (mini quiches, cinnamon rolls, pancakes and fruit of all kinds) the fellowship was amazing and there were gifts for everyone and roses for Mother's Day which is March 21st in the Arab world. Our new director's wife, Nawal, gave a power point presentation about the importance of loving yourself before you can think about loving others. She used verses from the Bible to illustrate her points We will meet every two weeks and continue talking about loving your children, loving your husband and loving God. The women all joined in a very lively discussion about loving themselves, self image and what they can do to improve the things they don't like. It was a great morning!

1 comments:

John & Judy McMannus said...

Praise God - what a great morning!