Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A ginormous hiccup in the flow of life

I was sitting in the office enjoying a cup of coffee and reading my emails. Our kitchen helper, who is really my right-hand at the Family Place, walked in and said she needed to talk to me! Couldn't possibly be good news): She informed me that she would be leaving by the end of the month to go to Lebanon to study theology. I was shocked and my mind started to run wild thinking of how I would replace her. She knows how to make fresh bread and soup and chocolate chip cookies. She knows which customers like ketchup and which ones like mayonnaise. I've spent over a year training her to do things the way I like them. The thought of training a new girl is overwhelming. Granted, she didn't always do things the way I like and she was lazy at times but I still love her and feel very sad that she's leaving. I decided not to make a hasty decision but to think it through and give myself time to pray and ask the right questions. If you're reading this blog, would you pray with us that we'll get the perfect girl to replace her and that I'll have time to train her well before I leave for the US in a few weeks? I really didn't need this right now but God had other plans and evidently thought I could handle just a little bit more stress in my life. Ah, thanks for hanging in there with me! Isn't this life fun?? 

1 comments:

John & Judy McMannus said...

Am remembering you right now as I talk to our dad about your family. Thanks for taking time to write the blog. The January 10 posting was personally helpful.