Monday, June 22, 2009

blog blahs

Realizing how I love to open my "Google Reader" and read other people's blogs, it is apparent to me that I have let MY readers down greatly in recent weeks, or dare I say months?? It's not that there hasn't been plenty going on in my life to write about; just doesn't seem like stuff that YOU would be interested in. I will attempt to bring you up to speed on happenings around here. As you probably know, we were in the US for Council & extra time to see our children. It was wonderful and refreshing in every way. One quickly forgets the refreshing part after experiencing the trek back to this part of the world. Darrell came back a week ahead of me as I was attending a seminar at Ashland Seminary. I left Chicago and flew 8 hours to London, waited there 3 hours then got a flight to Istanbul where I waited another 7 hours. I then boarded a plane to the capital city instead of our city because the flight was changed. Upon arriving there at 1AM, I got on a bus with my 2 huge suitcases & 2 heavy handbags and was taken to a taxi place where I could catch a taxi to my city. Yes, I got into a taxi with a total stranger at 1:30AM and came all the way home, arriving at my house at 4:30AM. The jet lag has been worse this time than ever! It didn't help that the next night we had 4 short-termer's arrive at 3AM and got to bed again at 4:30. Oh well, I know this too shall pass...
If you receive our monthly update, you know that we have purchased our dream building for the LIFE Center here. The thought of all the work involved to clean it, paint & remodel & furnish it is quite daunting. We do have all the furniture from our present rented building that we will be moving over come August (when our rent is up). But there are many more rooms and possibilities in the new building; such as guest rooms,clinic,offices ... these will all need to be newly furnished. Praise God for lots of short-term help this summer; it will make the job so much easier.
We have begun the registration process for our summer English program. That will run for 4 nights and then we will begin classes on Sunday, the 28th. We are also doing 2 mornings of children's classes which is always a challenge. Pray for a great summer of new relationships being formed and old ones strengthened!

3 comments:

dclouser said...

Sounds exhausting! How exciting about your new building - lots of work to do but then it will belong to you. I hope you get caught up on your rest soon! Love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited with you about the new building. We will continue to pray. And yes, your blog readers were at a loss. I finally told my husband that you hadn't put anything new on for quite a while. And he reminded me that you were coming to the US for awhile. Glad your tiresome journey is over. Hope you can get caught up on some sleep! - Bev Cline

Anonymous said...

Glad you took a moment to update us :-) I do check in regularly to see how you all are and pray for you more specifically. We love you guys!
LeeAnn and Drew