Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bittersweet visit




I'm afraid I'm losing my readers since you probably check so often here and find nothing new! Sorry about that but I really have been crazy busy, being away from home for 3 weeks in Thailand and then Jordan. Now it's back to real life and I must say I've had a hard time getting back into the swing of things.
I want to tell you about a visit I had to Aqaba. Of course it was nostalgic for us as we drove into that city (where, by the way, we were sure we'd stay until we retired!). Within a short time of our arrival the phone began to ring with friends wanting to see us. A beach party was planned to get several of our friends together in one place for us to see. It was wonderful to reconnect with so many and to see some BIG changes in the hearts of some. It was also very wonderful to be able to communicate freely in the language I love. I didn't realize how frustrated I've been not to be able to talk to people about meaningful things! (It made me more determined to learn this new language) Sitting on the beach at sunset talking about my best friend to a group of people who are hungry for truth was so rewarding. I spent other times with different friends and had some incredible conversations, talks I can't imagine happening just a year ago. There are so many opportunities in this city and so many open people that I felt a bit sad that we weren't still there. The good thing is that as we boarded the plane in Jordan and headed back to this place, I felt like I was coming home. I had a deep sense of THIS being where God wants me right now. I also know that I give my heart away very easily and find that anywhere God puts me I quickly put down roots & fall in love with the people and culture. It is good to be at peace.

0 comments: