Saturday, December 20, 2008

So much to celebrate

I realized this morning when I went to my blog that I have not written anything this entire month! Please forgive me but somehow time just slipped away. The truth is that there is a lot that goes on here every day that we can't really write about for security reasons. I don't like writing in code language. It has been a packed month so far and we are looking forward to a little "down time" between Christmas and New Year's before we start back up with our English classes on January 4th. We had our first short-term visitor from the US this past week and he was able to experience life with us in the fast lane. We had 8 students come in for 2 days of intensive training. They all slept & ate at our house. Praise God for this big house that is so practical for these types of events. The 7 men and one woman who attended were so eager to learn & soaked up the teaching like sponges. Our #1 overall need here is for trained leaders; there isn't even one. We hope to continue to have these training events every couple of months. Needless to say, we are pretty tired out from this house full of people and in need of a little rest. Christmas is around the corner and although we've had our tree up for almost a month, it doesn't have a single present under it. This is highly unusual for me since I love to buy gifts for my family but I can't find anything here that I really want to buy and my children are far away this year. We do have some team events planned and will have a gift exchange with each other. But Christmas is just weird this year; it won't be our traditional event but hopefully meaningful just the same. It does make me realize how much our celebration revolves around family, gifts, malls, concerts, church... and how little it revolves around Christ who should be the center of attention! We have so much to celebrate during this Christmas season. The old saying that "He is the reason for the season" is still true and I pray that we will remember it more than ever this year. Christ is worth celebrating!
I'll try to do better at blogging in the New Year but no promises, just good intentions:)

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hope you guys are able to find that rest you need! We wish we could be together over Christmas; at least we'll be with one sister! Have a Merry Christmas! Love you, Katy

Carol said...

I don't blame you for not wanting to type in code. // Christmas is different here too. Instead of attendig worship this morning, we are @ home. Everything is coated in an icy slush.// May you find the physical rest and help you need and take the time to find the rest and help you need in/through Christ.