Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Last 2008 entry!


I couldn't let this year pass without one last blog about our Christmas celebration. I must say it felt different from every other year since we had none of our children with us. I realized how much I love giving gifts to them and watch them opening the gifts; that element was greatly missed this year. We spent Christmas Eve at one of our team members' house and had a delicious spread of food, shared some Christmas memories & read the Christmas story & played a game. Because one of our teammates was missing (having gone to Europe to join family) it felt like one of our children was not in the family pictures & that was a bummer. But we made the most of it and had fun anyway. Christmas Day we had the team here for brunch & later expanded our invitation to several others for our big dinner in the afternoon. The day was filled with eating, fun and games and by the time the last person left at 9:30PM I was so tired I fell into bed. It was a good day after all. And now on to 2009...we've been invited to a New Year's Eve party that promises to be wild. The only reason we decided to go is because we heard families were invited and not just a bunch of young guys. I'm sure there will be lots of drinking and dancing but you know, "all things to all men". We'll let you know how it turns out:)

1 comments:

Milton Pierce said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dad