Saturday, August 9, 2008

Oh for a sausage McMuffin


We started out on an early-morning trip today. We decided we'd go an hour and then stop for breakfast. We were curious to know what kind of foods were offered here in this country for breakfast. I have to admit that even after 25 years in this area of the world, the choices shocked me a bit: grilled chicken pieces, lentil soup or rice & beans. Of course that comes with the sides of onions, olives, pickles and delicious flat bread. It was very tasty but it didn't feel like we'd just eaten breakfast. Seems they have the same thing 3 meals a day. I've learned that you really can get used to anything.

3 comments:

jess e. said...

hate to admit it, but we really miss that fresh arab bread! ;-) miss you guys more though!

The Greenfields said...

i'll let rachel c. know to make sure you guys get a nice big breakfast while yall are here!! see ya soon!!!

Char Ollinger Waughtel said...

I find it so interesting how differently people eat. I was in Brazil a while back. On the breakfast buffet they had FLAN!!! Imagine my delight!