Monday, August 22, 2016

a beautiful evening

Tonight we went to visit a young man who was an Iraqi Muslim and is now a wonderful believer in Jesus. We got a call from a friend in Australia (some of you know Ghassan) telling us he was here in Berlin and that he wanted us to meet Omar. What a small world, huh? The rendez-vous was for 9PM (my bedtime). He met us and took us to his hotel room and served us Coke. One by one, others started coming to the room until we were a good-sized group, sitting all over the beds, on the floor and in chairs. Christians, ex-Muslims, Americans, Iraqis, Syrians. What a beautiful evening it was! I realized how much I have missed the fellowship of Middle Eastern people. I love being immersed in Arabic; laughing and talking and praying. I guess I just really love Arab people and can't wait to see what God is going to do in this city among them. We were reminded once again tonight, that Berlin is the hardest city in all of Germany as far as the penetration of the gospel is concerned. Keep praying for breakthrough!