Saturday, September 27, 2014

Morning walks

I have recently switched to walking in the early morning instead of the evenings and it's interesting to see the difference in the sights I see along the way. It's fun to watch the city waking up and it somehow puts a spring in my step as I also feel my body waking up and energy pouring into my veins. I love to see the school children in their uniforms, walking down the road toward their school. The merchants are putting out their wares for the tourists to purchase, the horse & buggies go clopping by, a forlorn-looking woman dressed from head to foot in a long veil carrying long loaves of bread home for her family, men already gathering at their favorite cafe to hear the latest news and drink their coffee. My usual walk takes me down to the beach where I stand and ponder the greatness of the God I serve and wonder how he chose me to be here in this place at this time. There is nothing more energizing for me than hearing the waves roll in and watching the seagulls and fishermen and everything else that goes with sea life. I start back up the hill toward home and I feel full of joy and excitement as I look forward to what God has in store for the day. Morning walks are definitely better than evening walks for me! 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, no better way to start the day