Monday, January 9, 2012

The Day is HERE!








Yup, the day we looked forward to and dreaded at the same time, has come! Our doors are open for business and we're scared to death that no one will come and at the same time, scared that too many will come and we won't be able to handle them. These have been stressful days, if you haven't heard me say that yet:) One morning, after I'd been awake most of the night thinking about the enormity of this project and wondering why we got ourselves into it, I was overcome with panic and wanted to run away from it all. I didn't like the thought that we are slaves now to The Family Place and can't ever leave (until we get some more help). But then I began thinking about all of you, our partners. YOU go to jobs every day and are "slaves" to them, in that you can't just stay home or go on a trip whenever you want. Why do I think that my time should be totally mine and that I should be able to sleep in or stay in my nice, warm house whenever I feel like it? Well, let's just say that I began to get perspective on things and it didn't seem so desperate anymore. God has very clearly been leading us through this process of registering, renovating and opening the Family Place and we have to believe that he has big plans for us. He knows what we can handle and he has entrusted us with this huge business so I'm going to just relax and rest in Him. I'm sure glad you all are with us in this!! Couldn't do it without you. Here are some new pics that were taken with my son's wide angle lens.

2 comments:

stevie brown said...

The Family Place looks huge in the pics... makes us totally excited!

We can't wait to join you soon.
We are certainly in prayer and preparation.

dclouser said...

Everything looks beautiful! Can't wait to hear all about the first days.