Wednesday, February 2, 2011

all in a day

I'm realizing that my thinking about blogs has been wrong. I don't have to wait until I have something big to write about and pictures to go with it; I can just write a short blurb about my day and some of my closest friends and family would enjoy that. Why should the constant feeling of guilt be associated with a blog?? I shall change that and write little bits more often! Yesterday was another rainy day here and I hate taking taxis by myself anyway, but standing in the rain for 15 minutes waiting for one, is just the pits. I don;t know my way around this city yet so I never know if the guy is taking me way out of the way to get to my destination or not. My fare to get to my language class is usually 4,000 dinar. Yesterday, when I saw that the meter was more than 5,000 I started to get worried. I had no idea where I was and the taxi dropped me off and said the school was right "over there". I started walking down obscure alleyways and finally asked someone. I was going in the completely wrong direction! I can't wait until I know my way around and everything is familiar! I am going to switch to an afternoon class because the morning one was not suitable for my needs. I'll be glad not to have to fight the 8AM traffic. In the afternoon, we met up with our friends and went to a coffee shop and visited for a couple hours. After consuming a chocolate/almond crepe, we decided we should walk home! Today we are going to look at a house that will be vacated in March. They even have all their furniture for sale! If that works out, it will be an incredible blessing. Darrell has moved closer to actually ordering our van and hopefully before too long, we'll be taxi-free! More later...

3 comments:

The Greenfields said...

i enjoy your updates- little or big. it's your blog, write whatever you want :) I always right about stuff that i am pretty sure no one else really cares about but it's for me so i can remember my life at this stage and look back and see god's faithfulness to my family, and be reminded of the fun we have along the way.

Kathleen said...

It sounds like you ARE really starting to learn your way around! I hope things have quieted down.

Never feel guilty over a blog - there are enough other things in life to be worrisome! :)

dclouser said...

Keep us posted about the possible house. Maybe you can post pix of your little apartment so we can picture it? The ones of the city are tank are great!