Sunday, August 23, 2009

Silly in Suli




The younger members of our team finally convinced these oldies to go to the amusement park with them after our Sat. night meeting. Usually we're just too tired and would rather go home and crash than go on silly rides & play cheesy games:) Last night we decided to join in the "fun" and a group of us headed for the park. I have to admit I was skeptical that I would enjoy it at all since I was so tired & had a sore back. But it turned out to be a crazy, fun, silly night of acting like kids; riding bumper cars, playing air hockey, basketball, boxing game, riding the Ferris wheel, etc. The best part was discovering a delicious black cherry popsicle that tasted so good on a very warm evening. Kirsten reminded me that it didn't take much to make me happy; just a cherry popsicle. I guess it is nice to revert to children once in awhile and enjoy the simple things of life. It was also very nice hanging out with 3 guys that we've come to love, one of them having already joined the family and another definitely on the road. As I've said before, there's just nothing to do in this city for fun so we have to make our own and we definitely did last night!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

It's nice to see my "big sis" acting like a kid; someday you'll have to give me lessons! ;)

Char Ollinger Waughtel said...

We are all children of God so might as well act like one now and again. GOOD JOB.